Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The weeds that torment us!

Chickweed...or not. Heck we don't even know what this vile weed is but its really losing the battle at this point. It didn't respond to the weed and feed. It just turned black and turned into these hard miniature tree stumps that can break skin and hurt like the dickens if stepped on. So, everyday, as the kids run around and Sam chases Pacey, I pull these darn things; with pliers. What? You think that's drastic or lazy? Fine, then come on over and give them a go...you too will be asking for gloves, pliers and 3 Advil within the hour.
Now, can anyone tell me what this weed is? ANYONE?!?

(below is a slideshow of one of the many afternoons we spent pulling these things from the earth)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a bit difficult to see the flowers in the slideshow view. It's not chickweed, though. I have a lot of chickweed coming up myself right now but it is kind of squishy and easy to pull.

Except that the flowers are on your weed are white, it seems a lot like horseherb...the weed I hate most in my garden.